Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day and C25K W8D1

Thanksgiving Day started with me sneaking out of the house while the family was still asleep for my 2.8 mi run for W8D1. I read on the C25K forum about people having bad runs due to poor hydration or not refueling. I had not paid much attention to those issues since I thought my distance was still too low to need special preparation. Anyway, after my bad W7D3 run --- done after a long work day --- I switched it up and ate half a peanut butter and banana sandwich and drank some water before I suited up and head out.

I don't know if that made a difference or if it was a morning run vs an evening (post-work) run, but it went wonderfully well. Finished the run in 33.05, a 11:44 pace. I don't think I ever did under 12 before. I worked on increasing my running stride length also -- just seems so short compared to my walking stride.

Some early cooks were up and baking already. Delicious smells wafted out of open windows throughout the run. No thoughts other than the family gathering later in the day and the food.

The Tech 4o watch was about 0.6 mile under; not bad. I think it was due to my longer stride length. I had set the watch with the old 34 inch strides but I worked on lengthening the strides on this run. The new stride was closer to 35 inch. I hope to maintain this stride so made the adjustment on the Tech 4o.
Time: 33.05
Distance: 2.82 mi
Steps: 5177
Pace: 5.11 mph (11.44 min / mi)
Min HR: 79 bpm
Ave HR: 163 bpm (90% MHR)
Max HR: 169 bpm (93% MHR)

Went to work after my run; got everyone taken cared of and got back home in time for Thanksgiving dinner.

My brother and his family came over for dinner. Above are his two girls "wrestling" with me.

1 comment:

  1. G'day. Thanks for your post. Y'know in relation the fueling thing, I think everyone is different. But I figure it's important to give your body the benefit of the doubt. I also love to have a nice large chocolate milk after a workout! Goes down beautifully. Runningman

    ReplyDelete