Saturday, November 28, 2009

It Never Rains in Southern California? C25K W8D2 No-Go

After another full day at work, I decided to do my W8D2 run before joining my family for my twin niece's birthday. Would you know it, but as soon as I reach the first street corner, a light drizzle started. The clouds were ominous in the evening sky. But growing up in SoCal, any dark cloud looks threatening to me. I was going to "tough it out," ha! The drizzle continued but not that bad, didn't even get my shirt wet. But it got my eyeglasses spotted and then fogged up. I cleaned / spat on the glasses (does that really work?) but by then, I was not really into the run anymore. So I turned and took a shorter loop home.

Final time was a measly 7:51 for 0.7 mi; pace 11:13
It does put my miles total over 60 for October and November, so that makes me feel good. Maybe I can get to 100 by the end of the year.

On the plus side, the twins had a good birthday and it was nice to see my brother and his family. I'm going to try W8D2 again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment