Monday, November 9, 2009

C25K Halfway Mark

I ran the infamous W5D3 (week 5, day 3) of the Couch to 5K this morning. I almost chickened out and ran day 2 again (with the 8-minute run intervals). Just the thought of running 20 minutes non-stop was intimidating. I questioned the big jump from 8 minutes to 20 minutes. Why not 10 minutes first?

Since I was listening to the podcast with the cues for all 3 days of week 5, I decided to run day 3 but gave myself permission to do day 2 if needed --- with the caveat that I jog the walk intervals of day 2.

Imagine my surprise when I was able to keep going after Robert cues the day 2 walk. After that, it was just a matter of telling myself, I can do it. I glance at the heart monitor and tell myself I'm not even exerting that much, I can do this.

I was never so glad to hear Robert's voice in my ears saying Day 3 was done with our run.

WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment