Wednesday, November 11, 2009

C25K W6D1

I almost talked myself out of running this morning. I stayed up late last night to write a blog post for work and did not get to bed 'til after 11 pm. The snooze button was my friend when the alarm went off at 4:15 this morning. I didn't roll out of bed until 4:37 am and told myself that it'll be too late to do the W6D1 run and be done by 5:50 am for work. Maybe I should skip today. Luckily, I've learned a way to trick myself out of this excuse. I make myself go to the gym anyway with the permission to skip or cut the workout short if I don't have enough time when I get to the gym. But I have to go to the gym, regardless. Usually, by the time I get to the gym, I'm ready (and even eager) to do the run.

So I got to the gym around 5:06 am and got on the track by 5:15 am. Did W6D1 --- was not pretty but I got it done.
After the 5 min. warm up, the workout includes: 5 min run, 3 min walk, 8 min run, 5 min walk, 5 min run. I was cutting it close so only did a 3-min instead of 5-min cool down.

I had thought W6D1 would be easier since I managed to do the 20 min. run on W5D3. Boy, was I wrong. Mentally, it was harder for me since I know I still have another 2 run intervals when I finished the first 5 minutes, etc... With the one 20 minutes, I just hung in there and told myself I'm almost done. That did not work as well today --- not even when I got to the last 5 min run. I guess this was a way to work on my endurance.

Feels good though. No pain. Knees are fine. I still feel a little awkward running, but I don't have that pretender / impostor feeling anymore.

Work looks busy this week. I may not get a chance to do W6D2 until Friday evening then will plan to do W6D3 (25 min run!) on Monday so I don't have to worry about getting to work on time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there-I just wrote up a nice response to your post...and wouldn't you know I lost it somehow?!?

    I basically just wanted to congratulate you on your success with C25K. You are doing great!

    I'm battling my own excuses for not running this morning, but, I'm all dressed and ready and will for sure run!

    Marshmallow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Marshmallowrunner! I still can't believe I've stuck with C25K and is about done with week 6. Had to postpone day 3 for tomorrow since I did day 2 late Saturday night and am still sore this morning. I had bad knee pain in the early weeks when I overdid it; don't want to repeat that! But definitely doing the 25 min tomorrow morning.
    Hope you had a good run!

    ReplyDelete