Monday, November 23, 2009

C25K W7D3 - (barely) Made It

It was a productive day. We got the Focus fixed; the battery needed to be replaced. I finished the cat litter comparison, worked on the books, took care of hospitalized patients, followed up with the referral cases, and spent some quality procrastination time on Twitter and blog-readings :). Not bad for my day off, eh?

After a day of hunching over the computer, I was looking forward to this evening's run --- W7D3. I was all psyched up for a good one. It was the same 2.6 mi route from W7D2 but in the reverse direction. Oi. It was awful. About 1.5 mile into the run, my legs felt like dead weight. It was like running in place. It dawned on me, belatedly, that I'm running up a gradual slope. When I ran this route 2 days ago, I was going down the slope and did not even know it (heck, probably thought I got a second wind when I picked up the pace). Anyway, it was slow going for that half mile. I almost gave in to the walk but managed to hang on and shuffled along. Once over the slope, I increased the cadence and actually finished the run 18 seconds faster than last time. I enjoyed the last quarter of the run and felt good at the finished. But overall, it was an "eh" run.

No real thoughts during today's run other than wondering why I was struggling with it. Kept repeating to myself, hang in there, you can do it, shuffle shuffle shuffle. Oh, that and battling some intense abdominal cramps.

On the bright side, the Tech 4o watch was right on with the mileage. No fine tuning needed.
Time: 31.43
Distance: 2.642 mi
Steps: 4960
Pace: 4.85 mph (12.12 min / mi)
Min HR: 79 bpm
Ave HR: 157 bpm (87% MHR)
Max HR: 170 bpm (94% MHR)

No comments:

Post a Comment