Friday, December 4, 2009

No Running :(

My last run was on Tuesday (sounds like a confession, eh?). I had planned to run last night and when that didn't pan out, I thought I'd try this morning. But no luck there. It has been 14+ hour days this week at work and am having problems fitting in my runs. I was looking forward to starting Week 9. I am still slow so a 3.1 mile run takes at least 35 minutes; add the stretching and showers (my co-workers would appreciate that, I'm sure) and I need to budget 90 minutes to do the run in the morning and get to work on time. So far, it's not happening :(

I was doing the runs in the evening last week but has not finished with work until after 10 pm this week. By then, safety concerns kept me inside. So I thought of getting up early for pre-work runs. Well, I didn't wake up until 5 this morning; not enough time to do the run and get to work by 6 am. It's a catch-22. I need to go to bed earlier to get up in time for the morning runs. But I can't get to bed early because of work. Besides, if I get done with work early, I would just do my runs in the evenings then, not go to bed so I can get up early :)! Maybe I should reconsider the treadmill at night. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment