Tuesday, December 8, 2009

C25K W9D2

I thought of taking Kobi with me but he had other ideas :)

It was freezing this morning; temperature must have been under 40F, which is cold for us. I had wanted to do W9D2 today. Felt a little bad that I chose to do the run instead of the walk with Mom & Sis --- that walk was scheduled for yesterday but we got rained out. I think Mom was hoping we do the walk today. I was up early and just could not wait for Sis to get up. OK, that's just an excuse. I wanted to do the run.

I head out without the heart monitor again. I liked the non-restricted feeling and think I finally can judge my effort now. I tried leaning forward a little more from the ankle; faster pace without much extra effort. I think I've been off on my running form. I was so focused on the tilting-pelvis-upward --- leveling the pelvis --- that I think I was actually leaning or holding myself back a little. I must be tilting it wrong or something. Anyway, I relaxed the tilting a little and things felt more natural. Must have helped since I finished the 3.14 miles in less time than before.

Time: 35.37
Distance: 3.14 mi
Steps: 5493 *** seems I maintained the increased stride from 35" to 36"; will adjust my setting.
Pace: 5.29 mph (11.21 min / mi)

Felt good. I think I could have gone longer. Which lead me to think about what I want to do after the graduation run later this week. At first, I was going to do the One Hour Runner or Gateway to 8K. But both are based on time. I prefer planning & mapping my runs by distance. So I may make my own schedule based on the One Hour Runner (i.e. instead of 30 min 3 times a week, I would do 3.1 miles 3 times a week, etc...). I'm thinking of keeping the first 2 runs of the week at about 3.1 to 3.5 miles and work on improving my speed and increase the distance gradually as my speed improves. The third run of the week will be the longer distance one where I gradually increase from 3.1 to 6.2 miles (10K). At this time, I don't plan to go past 10K as I can't realistically set aside over 75 minutes of running time a day. I'll just work on improving speed. Once I can run faster, I can add more distance.

Exciting that I'm about done with C25K!

No comments:

Post a Comment