Friday, December 18, 2009

Don't Think About It

That was close. For a moment, it looked as though I was not going to get another run in until Saturday or Sunday, one short of my goal of three runs a week. My last real run was on Monday. I ran a 2 miler with my niece on Tuesday as part of the family weekly walk but nothing since then.

Coming home from work today, I thought about doing an evening run but I did not get home until after 7:30 pm. I considered not running and just doing it tomorrow instead. I wavered back and forth during the walk in from the car. The sky was clear. The air was cool and crisp. Holiday lights were up. Got into the house and decided to go for the run. Not slowing down to give myself a chance to change my mind again, I changed and laced up my shoes and head out the door. It was a beautiful run.

Time: 35:50
Distance: 3.13 mi
Steps: 5503 *** stride length 36" in setting
Pace: 5.24 mph (11.27 min / mi)

My legs tired soon after mile 1. Not sure if it's due to low energy since I had not eaten much the whole day. But my breathing was great, nice and easy.

I love my Tech 4o watch. It was right on with the mileage. I'm going to keep the setting at 36" for the running stride for now. It's good to see my time improving even though my legs were tired.

So looks like I'll meet my goal of 3 runs this week (4 if counting the 2 miler). We have a family gathering on Sunday but I should be able to get a run in late at night. The trick is not to think about it. If I wavered back and forth then the reasons for NOT running were probably not that important. Don't dwell on whether it's a good idea or not to run. Don't give yourself a chance to talk yourself out of a run.

Don't think about it. Just run.

No comments:

Post a Comment