Thursday, December 10, 2009

C25K Graduation!

Yeah! Today's run was the graduation run for C25K. I finished the 9-weeks program and can now run 5K (3.1 miles) non-stop. I'm still slow; takes me about 37 minutes to run the 3.1 miles (about 11.5 min mile). But just think, 2 months ago, I couldn't even run 2 minutes without huffing-n-puffing.

I wish the week has been good and the run was filled with happy thoughts. Unfortunately, this week was a continuation of last week with some more losses to cancer. It's always difficult for the families but it must be more so during the holidays. At times, my hugs at the end feel so inadequate. Some have families to share the sorrow; some are by themselves. The elderly clients living alone are the ones who get to me the most. Sigh.

I ran after work. It was around dinner time. The local market must have had a fish special or something --- fried fish was the predominant smell tonight. Not nice at all. The run did not feel as good as the last one. My right knee felt too loose most of the run; did not settle into a stride. Oh well, guess some runs will be eh.
Time: 37.0
Distance: 3.13 mi
Steps: 5617 *** stride length was 35" this run; will leave the setting at 35" for now.
Pace: 5.08 mph (11.50 min / mi)

My right knee is still a little sore. First time that I have problem with it since I overdid things in October. To make matter worse, my form was all off because I was trying to compensate for the right knee. I'll take it easy and see how it feels this weekend; sort of want to start my post-C25K run this Saturday but will postpone if the knee does not feel right.

I plan to continue running 2-3 times a week (3 is ideal but some weeks are crazy) and want to improve my speed so I can then increase distance. With a current pace of 11.5, I have plenty of room to improve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment