Monday, December 14, 2009

Miko Beanie Kept Me Warm for Post-C25K Run

Did my first post-C25K run this morning. Feels kinda weird running without a real plan. I need to work on a schedule soon to keep up with the running. I can feel the temptation to slack off now that there's no timeline. I want to continue with the 3 runs a week. Actually, I would like to run more often but it seems I'm still too sore to run every other day. Plus, I learned from today's run that I need to work on my legs; maybe some cross-training. Cardio-wise, the run was easy --- was not out of breath; breathing was nice and steady. But my legs were tired after 2 miles. Think I'll hit the gym for some weight work-out.

Time: 34:28
Distance: 3.1 mi
Steps: 5380 *** stride length was 37" this run; not very consistent, considering increase to 36" in setting
Pace: 5.4 mph (11.08 min / mi) --- my fastest pace for 5K thus far!

Stopped twice: once to re-tie shoelaces and once about 20 sec at stoplight.

Was cold this morning. Ran with my Miko Beanie (got on clearance at Sport Authority); kept me warm. Love the beanie. It has an opening at the top for my ponytail.

Overall, it was a good run. I like running early in the morning but it does put me behind schedule for everything else. Didn't get to the clinic until almost 9 am.

Will try to do 2 more runs this week. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment