Sunday, October 18, 2009

4Wto1M - Week 4 Day 1 (injury)

Woke up still sore; did not run in the morning but did do treadmill in OC home at night ~9 pm.

Week 4 interval day 1!
Day 1: 4 min. 30 sec. run, 45 sec. walk, repeat x2 Was pleasantly surprised I was able to run the full 4.5 min. May need to speed up next time but did well at 3.8-4 mph. Knees were fine during run but were killing me afterwards. Ice, elevation, and borrowed compression tights from Dad. Took ibuprofen. Could barely walk; both knees achy but miraculously fine (or rather better) the next morning.

Did some more research and guess I've been over training and needs to build up muscles around my knees. Looked over the log and can see that I've been doing some running, even if only 20-25 minutes, almost everyday. Not good. Supposed to have rest days.

No comments:

Post a Comment