Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Runner's Buzz

Tonight's run was the best one so far in my young running venture. It was late by the time I got home from work. But I was not tired and the streets beckoned as they have not for a while. I changed shoes and hit the road.

It was a wonderful run. I did not struggle through the first mile like I usually did. Seems I found my stride right away and the rest of the run was effortless (well almost!). I still felt good when I neared the last turn for home. I passed the turn and ran another 1/2 mile --- making this my longest non-stop run, 3.64 miles! And I could have gone more to make it 4 miles if I had any sense of timing and direction. Hoping to get at least another 3.5 miles in later this week to meet my minimum goal of 9 miles this week.

Distance: 3.64 miles
Time: 0:40:19
Pace: 11:05 (5.42 mph)

I hope this feeling and sense of accomplishment will motivate me and keep me on track to the 10K. After slacking off the last few weeks, I was not sure if I can run 3.1 miles non-stop anymore. Tonight's run put that worry to rest. And that, oooh, feels so good. I think the worst part of slacking off was thinking that I wasted all the time and effort that went into getting to the 3.1 miles mark. I did not want to be a C25K alumni who loses motivation and stops running after graduation.

Not quite a runner's high.
Definitely, a runner's buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment