Monday, February 8, 2010

More of Elaine & Roadie Elite

There are tricks and tips to help in putting the Roadie Elite on your dog. I had a difficult time in the beginning. The company website's video made it look so easy. I saw the difference was that I was pushing Elaine's legs through the opening, whereas the demo video (animation) showed the legs being pulled through the opening. So I gave that a try today and it was easier. I still have my doubt about using it for geriatric dogs and/or those with joint problems. I can still see dogs that are not used to harnesses or restraints panicking when one of their legs is still caught in the opening and hurting themselves trying to get free. Probably not a harness for first-timers.


Taking the harness off can also be a challenge --- at least, it was for me. Maybe I had my directions and orientation confused trying to face the camera. Instead of reversing the leg out of the opening, I tried to pushed the leg through into the next opening (for the neck). Luckily, I realized my mistake and backed out in time. Once I re-oriented myself, taking the harness off was not that bad.



After the videos, we went outside for some pictures and a test drive. The Focus is a small car. Even with the harness, Elaine can easily slobber on the front passenger. We will remove the wire barrier as soon as Elaine gets used to the harness and learns some carpooling etiquette :)












Click on image to enlarge

Plan to finalize the review for the Roadie tomorrow. (02/09/10: Done!)
Next week, it's the Champion Canine Restraint System!


No comments:

Post a Comment