Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Of Treo, SMS, Emails, and Blogs...

Taking a break before finishing up today's records and prepare for tomorrow's surgery. Using this opportunity to test the text-to-blog feature as Game 5 starts. (sent via txt)

The ability to directly send text messages or emails to the blog is becoming a great asset. I find it simple to snap a picture and email it with a brief write-up to post on the blog. I can always go back and edit the post to my heart's content.

So often, something would catch my eyes: "That would make a good blog post," I'd tell myself. When blogging time comes, I would have forgotten about the idea or it's buried under several other more recent ideas. Emailing or sending a text message with the main points of the post as the ideas come to me will enable me to capture these thoughts. Missed or uncaptured thoughts may have more undesirable consequences than missed opportunities. After all, I may not even see the opportunities if I did not note-to-self to follow-up on that thought.

Text messaging may not be as useful due to the 160 characters limitation. If I have a thought that short, I may tweet it instead. May be a good idea to still send a text here, though --- consolidating into one collection point.

If it's work related, the post can sit here until I can develop it to be worthy of TFV Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment