Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cat Litter Clumping Comparison

I made the transition from 5 individual cat boxes for my 5 cats to 3 jumbo customized ones. In the process, I went searching for a better alternative to the clay clumping litter.

In the jumbo litter boxes, the clay clumping litter was very heavy. Moving the boxes to clean and scoop was back-breaking. Never mind the dust cloud that follows.

Not knowing much about clumping litter alternatives, I googled it and was bombarded with information. As usual, most major types have their own supporters claiming theirs to be the best. One is even called World's Best Cat Litter (WBCL)! WBCL does seem to live up to its name --- and with a price tag to match :)

I decided to check the different litter myself to see which works best for my situation. WBCL was a little too rich for my blood, especially for a trial. So I will start with:
1) Clay clumping litter (Exquisite cats from Petsmart)
2) Swheat Scoop (wheat)
3) Pet Essentials (corn fiber)
4) Feline Pine Clumping

I plan to do a water test for the clumping ability initially. Then through the weeks, will see how they hold up in the litter boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment